Netscape Navigator 3 is configured for ViSta applets as follows (other versions of Netscape Navigator are similar):
Configuring Netscape Navigator
You have now configured Netscape to recognize ViSta applets.
- Choose "General Preferences" from the "Options" menu. This displays the "General Preferences" dialog box.
- Click on the "Helpers" tab.
- Click on the "New" button. This displays the "Edit Type" dialog box.
- Enter the following information in the first three fields:
- Description: XLispStat ViSta Applets
- MIME Type: application/x-xlispstat
- Suffixes: xli,fsl
- Click on the "Application" radio button.
- Click on the "Browse" button and use the dialog box to locate the ViSta (or XLispStat) executable.
- After selecting the executable, close the browse dialog box.
- Click "OK" in the "Edit Type" dialog.
- Click "Apply" and then "OK" in the "General Preferences" dialog.
Problem with NetscapeWith Netscape Navigator, when you download the applet a second (third, etc.) time, a number will be attached to the end of the file name. This number prevents the applet from being loaded by ViSta (ViSta will run, but it won't load the file). When this happens, you have to edit the file name to remove the number, then double click it.
Back | Title Page
Copyright © 1997 by Forrest W. Young. All rights reserved.