Copyright © 1999 by Forrest W. Young. All rights reserved.
When you Run ViSta you will see
Try the dynamic About ViSta information window, and the Screen Saver.
- A new dynamic opening screen.
- That color has been added throughout.
- A welcome and help window based on a new text window object.
- Improved Desktop layout.
You will also notice a new Help System which includes:
- Help menu presenting various kinds of help.
- Menu Item Help for most menu items.
- About These Data menu item for all Datasets.
- Plot Help Buttons and Plot Help Menu Items for all plots.
- SpreadPlot Help for all SpreadPlots.
There are also improvements to the workmap:
- Icons can be deleted (finally!);
- Icons for graphics and reports;
- New data icons that visually cue the new data types;
- The tool bar has user-definable analysis buttons (and a new appearance).
- Object names can be edited
And there are Improvements just for MS-Windows:
- PRINTING! Completely standard printing is now supported!
- Installation: Installation has been simplified and made more like a standard windows application. The networked Windows NT installation should be easier and more flexible.
- Window maximize/minimize buttons work for MS-Windows.
- Default button behavior improved in dialogs.
- Main window position and size remembered between sessions.
- Cursor Keys sensed and used in Datasheet.
As you use ViSta you will see improvements in:
- Efficiency: The efficiency of Data loading and of DataSheet operations have been greatly improved, permitting much larger datafiles. As many as 100000 data values is now practical, although visualization is limited.
- User Interface: There are improvements in WorkMap icon layout, Desktop layout, Datasheet positioning, sizing and formatting (now remembered over sessions), and in Saving, exporting and importing data.
Developers have improved support:
Up: Main Site
- Debug menu for developers.
- Symbol Editor
- Simplified compiling
- Improved tracing
- Distribution maker.